Sometimes, we need to look at life through another's eyes, in order to know how lucky we really are.
It's so typical for a movie to touch someone's life. That's what they're made for. to make a difference or to effect something.
but.
this movie. The Pursuit of Happyness. Has put me through the most humbling experience of my life. It's funny, because I do adore this movie, but I always struggle to watch it. I think that may be because I don't want to admit that I have it good. I am always complaining and mope-ing about how my life is so plain. tough. How my family is poor and how I can't afford to buy a brand new car. But I really do have it good. I am a graduated high school student studying theatre in college, which is fully paid for by the government. I have a well paid job with people I like. I got a free car from my grandparents. and I have the most amazing, and I mean the most amazing friends in the world. How dare I ever complain about my life......
If you haven't seen this movie, I highly encourage you to watch it, even if you don't like will smith or some controversial thing noted in this movie. Every human being should watch this movie. It truly is inspiring. I will tell you that I haven't once watched it without sobbing. But yet again, I cry over even the littlest things. I would tell you what happens, but I musn't spoil the incredible feeling you will get when you watch it.
"Don't ever let somebody tell you you can't do something. If you got a dream... You gotta protect it. If People can't do somethin' themselves, they wanna tell you you can't do it. If you want somethin', go get it. Period."


I love this post. Postivity is always the answer. we really are so lucky when it comes down to it. I am so grateful for you shelb. :) and im SO glad you started a blog :)
ReplyDelete